1-1-108. Copies of election laws and manual provided
(1) No later than sixty days after each adjournment of the general assembly, the secretary of state shall transmit to the county clerk and recorder of each county a complete, updated copy of the pertinent sections of the election laws of the state.
(2) No later than January 15 in even-numbered years, the division of local government in the department of local affairs shall transmit to the designated election official of each special district organized under article 1 of title 32, C.R.S., entitled to hold elections or, if there is no designated election official, to the chief executive officer of the special district, at least one copy of the election laws. The designated election officials or chief executive officers of those special districts may request additional copies of the election laws.
Source: L. 92: Entire article R&RE, p. 633, § 1, effective January 1, 1993.L. 93: (1) amended, p. 1395, § 5, effective July 1.L. 95: Entire section amended, p. 820, § 3, effective July 1.L. 96: Entire section amended, p. 1733, § 3, effective July 1. L. 99: (1) amended, p. 757, § 3, effective May 20.
Editor’s note: This section is similar to former § 1-1-107 as it existed prior to 1992.
- Election Day
- Election Offenses & Judicial Proceedings
- Regulation & Duties of Election Officials
- Regulation of Polling Places
- Voter Registration
According to the rules, a “designated election official” or “DEO” includes the designated election official’s sworn, deputized designee.
1. Definition for Designated election official
The secretary of state, a county clerk and recorder, or other election official as provided by article XXI of the state constitution. C.R.S. § 1-12-100.5.
2. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. C.R.S. § 1-8.3-102.
3. Definition for Election
Any election under the “Uniform Election Code of 1992” or the “Colorado Municipal Election Code of 1965”, article 10 of title 31, C.R.S. C.R.S. § 1-7.5-103.
4. Definition for Secretary
The Colorado secretary of state. C.R.S. § 1-1.5-102.