§ 99.063 Candidates for Governor and Lieutenant Governor.
Overview of Statute
(1) No later than 5 p.m. of the 9th day following the primary election, each candidate for Governor shall designate a Lieutenant Governor as a running mate. Such designation must be made in writing to the Department of State.
(2) No later than 5 p.m. of the 9th day following the primary election, each designated candidate for Lieutenant Governor shall file with the Department of State:
s. 1, ch. 99-140; s. 45, ch. 2001-40; s. 12, ch. 2005-277; s. 8, ch. 2005-286; s. 15, ch. 2011-40.
- ballot access
- candidate methods of nomination
- petitions for nomination
- Signature requirements
1. Definition for Department
The Department of State. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(7).
2. Definition for Public Office
Any federal, state, county, municipal, school, or other district office or position which is filled by vote of the electors. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(32).
3. Definition for Public Office
A state, county, municipal, or school or other district office or position that is filled by vote of the electors. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(32).
4. Definition for General Election
An election held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in the even-numbered years, for the purpose of filling national, state, county, and district offices and for voting on constitutional amendments not otherwise provided for by law. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(16).
5. Definition for Primary Election
An election held preceding the general election for the purpose of nominating a party nominee to be voted for in the general election to fill a national, state, county, or district office. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(29).
6. Definition for Ballot
As used in the Electronic Voting Systems Act, ballot means the card, tape, or other vehicle upon which the elector’s choices are recorded. Fla. Stat. § 101.5603(2).
7. Definition for Election
Any primary election, special primary election, special election, general election, or presidential preference primary election. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(12).
8. Definition for Candidate
Any person to whom any one or more of the following applies:
Fla. Jur. 2d Elections s 89, Generally