§ 107.03 Election of delegates.
(1) The delegates composing the convention shall be elected at a special election which shall be held in each county of this state on a date to be fixed by the Governor, not less than 5 months and not more than 10 months after the date of the proposal by the Congress. The Governor shall issue his or her call for such election at least 45 days prior to the date thereof, which, as soon as issued, shall be published by the Department of State at least one time, in a newspaper of general circulation in each county. Such election shall be conducted, except as herein specified, in all respects in the manner and form prescribed by the laws of this state for holding general elections.
s. 3, ch. 16180, 1933; CGL 1936 Supp. 319(3); ss. 10, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 657, ch. 95-147.
1. Definition for Department
The Department of State.
2. Definition for General Election
An election held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in the even-numbered years, for the purpose of filling national, state, county, and district offices and for voting on constitutional amendments not otherwise provided for by law.
3. Definition for Special Election
A special election called for the purpose of voting on a party nominee to fill a vacancy in the national, state, county, or district office.
4. Definition for Newspaper of General Circulation
A newspaper printed in the language most commonly spoken in the area within which it circulates and which is readily available for purchase by all inhabitants in the area of circulation, but does not include a newspaper intended primarily for members of a particular professional or occupational group, a newspaper the primary function of which is to carry legal notices, or a newspaper that is given away primarily to distribute advertising.
5. Definition for Issue
A proposition that is required by the State Constitution, by law or resolution of the Legislature, or by the charter, ordinance, or resolution of a political subdivision of this state to be submitted to the electors for their approval or rejection at an election, or a proposition for which a petition is circulated in order to have such proposition placed on the ballot at an election.
6. Definition for Person
An individual or a corporation, association, firm, partnership, joint venture, joint stock company, club, organization, estate, trust, business trust, syndicate, or other combination of individuals having collective capacity. The term includes a political party, affiliated party committee, or political committee.
7. Definition for Elector
“Elector” is synonymous with the word “voter” or “qualified elector or voter,” except where the word is used to describe presidential electors.
8. Definition for Election
Any primary election, special primary election, special election, general election, or presidential preference primary election.