§ 24.2-454 Elections covered
The voting procedures in this chapter apply to:
1. A general, special, or primary election for federal office;
2. A general, special, or primary election for statewide or state legislative office or state referendum measure; and
3. A general, special, or primary election for local constitutional or government office or local referendum measure conducted under Chapter 6 (§ 24.2-600 et seq.) for which absentee voting is available for other voters.
2012, c. 353.
1. Definition for Referendum
Any election held pursuant to law to submit a question to the voters for approval or rejection.
2. Definition for Primary election
An election held for the purpose of selecting a candidate to be the nominee of a political party for election to office.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
4. Definition for Primary
5. Definition for Election
A general, primary, or special election.