§ 24.2-952.1 Statement of organization for an inaugural committee
Each inaugural committee shall file with the State Board a statement of organization within 10 days after its organization. Any change in information previously submitted in a statement of organization shall be reported to the State Board within 10 days following the change.
The statement of organization shall include:
1. The name of the committee and its address in the Commonwealth;
2. The name and business address of the treasurer and his residence address in the Commonwealth who shall be deemed the agent of the inaugural committee for the purpose of service of process on the inaugural committee;
3. The name, residence address in the Commonwealth, business address, and position of the custodian of the books and accounts who works under the direction of the treasurer and the address where the books are maintained, if different from the business address of the custodian of the books and accounts;
4. The name and residence address of the elected official for whose inauguration the committee is organized;
5. The designated depository to be used for the receipt and holding of funds and contributions received by the committee, in an account in a financial institution within the Commonwealth; and
6. Such other information as shall be required by the State Board except that the account number for the designated depository account shall not be required.
1. Definition for State Board
The State Board of Elections.
2. Definition for Contribution
Money and services of any amount, in-kind contributions, and any other thing of value, given, advanced, loaned, or in any other way provided to a candidate, campaign committee, political committee, or person for the purpose of expressly advocating the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate or to an inaugural committee for the purpose of defraying the costs of the inauguration of a Governor, Lieutenant Governor, or Attorney General. “Contribution” includes money, services, or things of value in any way provided by a candidate to his own campaign and the payment by the candidate of a filing fee for any party nomination method.
3. Definition for Inaugural committee
Any organization, person, or group of persons that anticipates receiving contributions or making expenditures, from other than publicly appropriated funds, for the inauguration of the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, or Attorney General and related activities.
4. Definition for Board
The State Board of Elections.
5. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
6. Definition for Residence
For all purposes of qualification to register and vote, means and requires both domicile and a place of abode. To establish domicile, a person must live in a particular locality with the intention to remain. A place of abode is the physical place where a person dwells.
Summary of Laws and Policies Inaugural Committees https://perma.cc/8UT4-FU9R