1-13-715. Liquor in or near voter service and polling center
(1) It is unlawful for any election official or other person to introduce into any polling location, or to use therein, or to offer to another for use therein, at any time while any election is in progress or the result thereof is being ascertained by the counting of the ballots, any intoxicating malt, spirituous, or vinous liquors.
(2) It is unlawful for any officer or board of officers of any county or any municipality, whether incorporated under general law or by special charter, who may at any time be by law charged with the duty of designating polling locations for the holding of any general or congressional election therein, to select therefor a room wherein any intoxicating malt, spirituous, or vinous liquors are usually sold for consumption on the premises.
(3) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as provided in section 1-13-111.
Source: L. 80: Entire article R&RE, p. 435, § 1, effective January 1, 1981.L. 83: (2) amended, p. 358, § 31, effective July 1.L. 96: (2) amended, p. 1765, § 52, effective July 1.L. 2013: (1) and (2) amended, (HB 13-1303), ch. 185, p. 748, § 122, effective May 10.
Editor’s note: This section is similar to former § § 1-13-128 and 1-30-115 as they existed prior to 1980.
Cross references: In 2013, subsections (1) and (2) were amended by the “Voter Access and Modernized Elections Act”. For the short title and the legislative declaration, see sections 1 and 2 of chapter 185, Session Laws of Colorado 2013.
- Election Day
- Election Offenses & Judicial Proceedings
- Offenses & Penalties
- Regulation of Polling Places
1. Definition for Ballot
(a) A federal write-in absentee ballot;
(b) A ballot specifically prepared or distributed for use by a covered voter in accordance with this article; or
(c) A ballot cast by a covered voter in accordance with this article.
(2) “Covered voter” means:
(a) A uniformed-service voter defined in paragraph (a) of subsection (9) of this section who is a resident of this state but who is absent from this state by reason of active duty and who otherwise satisfies this state’s voter eligibility requirements;
(b) An overseas voter who, before leaving the United States, was last eligible to vote in this state and, except for a state residency requirement, otherwise satisfies this state’s voter eligibility requirements;
(c) An overseas voter who, before leaving the United States, would have been last eligible to vote in this state had the voter then been of voting age and, except for a state residency requirement, otherwise satisfies this state’s voter eligibility requirements; or
(d) An overseas voter who was born outside the United States, is not described in paragraph (b) or (c) of this subsection (2), and, except for a state residency requirement, otherwise satisfies this state’s voter eligibility requirements if the last place where a parent, legal guardian, spouse, or civil union partner of the voter was, or under this article would have been, eligible to vote before leaving the United States is within this state.
C.R.S. § 1-8.3-102.
2. Definition for Person
Any natural person, partnership, committee, association, corporation, labor organization, political party, or other organization or group of persons. Section 2(11) of article XXVIII of the state constitution.
3. Definition for Election
Any election under the “Uniform Election Code of 1992” or the “Colorado Municipal Election Code of 1965”, article 10 of title 31, C.R.S. C.R.S. § 1-7.5-103.